Do you deal with anxiety? That stress when you´re so worried about the future, about what would happen, that fear can be paralyzing.
Anxiety is the response of our body to the worries and fears of the future and of the unknown, as with stress and pressure the way we see it, our perspective of the situation we´re going through can make the problem worse or if used right it can be helpful. We can feel anxious for so many different situations, there are different types of anxiety-related disorders which we´re going to see in future posts and while some of those situations will only make us feel anxious for a small period of time there can be cases where that anxiety keeps growing.
When we think of stress, pressure and anxiety as the response of our body to certain situations then it´s easy for us to cope with it. We need to understand that feeling anxious is normal, it happens to all of us and we need it in a certain way because life is full of challenges and we´re constantly changing.
The best way to deal or cope with anxiety is finding out where that anxiety comes from, ask yourself why am I anxious? in most cases it´s fear of the unknown, of the future and our mind is amazing at creating the worst case scenarios in any situation which make the problem worse so once you recognize where the anxiety comes from it may be a new project, or changing job, or finishing school and getting out to the real world, whatever it is then imagine yourself conquering that situation or that challenge, be positive and optimistic. Seeing or visualizing yourself in the future in a positive outcome is hard at the beginning but once you develop the habit to be more positive and become optimistic it will be easier.
In most cases our mind creates fear to avoid failure but those fears or those negative outcomes are not real but if we let those unreal fears and worries control us, we will deal with anxiety for the most part of our life.
There are some actions we can take to reduce anxiety that will have an impact on our entire life:
1. Reduce caffeine.- When you´re anxious if you take any form of caffeine it will make your anxiety worse, your heart rate increases, you start shaking, in some cases it can trigger panic attacks,
2. Eat healthy meals.- Food plays an important role so you need to focus on eating meals cooked and prepared with whole, fresh ingredients and avoid processed, junk and fast foods, that contain unhealthy oils and added sugar.
3. Breathe.- Take deeps breathes and focus on inhale and exhale, pay attention to your breathing and feel your body relaxing. By taking our attention to the inhale and exhale and the sensation of our body relaxing our mind calms down,
4. Exercise.- Any type of physical activity improves our mood, especially when you exercise outside in nature,
5. Practice positivity.- This is a lifestyles, it´s not only about replacing negative thoughts with positive one but about seeing the positive outcome in every situation.
As humans we all are exposed to stress, pressure and anxiety and knowing that we can´t avoid them is the first step to make a change at how we think of them, realizing that we actually need them to grow, learn, improve and keep our life exciting will make it easier but we also need to know when it´s too much of them and we need to find ways to lower them or talk to someone who can help us. Even when we share different tools in this site to help you lower them and respond the best way possible it´s important that you talk with your a specialist if you see that your case is bad.
Are you anxious right now? just stop for a moment, take some deep breathes and think about where that anxiety comes from, why are you anxious? what is making you feel anxious? and then think about positive outcomes.
If you need more help leave your comments and questions down below and on Twitter, if there´s something we can do to help just let us know.
If you know someone who could benefit from this post please share it with them and don´t forget to follow us on Twitter.